London: Printed for Cobbett and Morgan, at the Crown and Mitre, May, 1801. , 444 pp. Bound in original half calf [spine and corners worn] with marbled boards. Remnant of morocco spine label. Clean text. Bookplate on front pastedown of, "John Innes, Leyton." Except as noted, Very Good.
This volume contains:
1. The Scare-Crow - Being an Infamous Letter, sent to Mr. John Oldden, threatening Destruction to his House, and Violence to the Person of his Tenant, William Cobbett, with Remarks on the Same.
2. The Life and Adventures of Peter Porcupine, with a full and fair Account, of all his authoring Transactions: Being a sure and infallible Guide for all enterprizing young men, who wish to make a Fortune by writing Pamphlets.
3. Political Censor, No. V.
4. The Diplomatic Blunderbuss, containing Adet's Notes to the Secretary of State; as also his Cockade Proclamation.
5. Political Censor, No. VI.
6. Political Censor, No. VII.
7. Political Censor, No. VIII.
8. A Brief Statement of the Injuries and Insults received from France.
9. Washington's Retiring from the Presidency.
Gaines 59, page 110. Pearl 49. I. Item #30736