c.1860-65, 1907]. Ten items described as follows:
1. Illinois Election Ticket from Sangamon County . Broadside, 3" x 7.25", paper. Mounted at top edge on card stock. Very Good. Lincoln and Hamlin lead the Ticket; Richard Yates for Governor, and list of other State officers, including Jesse Dubois [Treasurer], Newton Bateman [U.S. Congress], Stephen S. Whitehurst [clerk of the circuit court], John Hopper [coroner]. Whitehurst and Hopper had served in those positions for Sangamon County.
2. Reception ribbon, 2.75" x 8", gilt letters on navy silk. "City of Philadelphia. Reception of Hon. Abraham Lincoln, President Elect of the U.S., February 21, 1861." Mounted at top edge only to card stock. Very Good.
3. 1862 Election Ticket- Massachusetts. 3-3/4" x 9-1/2", paper. "Stand by the President!" printed above illustrated oval "Republican Union Ticket" surrounded by American flags. Very Good. John A. Andrew, for Governor, Joel Hayden for Lieutenant Governor; and the rest of the State ticket. At the bottom is printed, "GOD BLESS ABRAHAM LINCOLN." Beneath that, a contemporary hand has written in pencil, "God Bless John A. Andrew."
4. California National Union Ticket : Lincoln and Andrew Johnson; Samuel Brannan, J.G. McCallum, W.W. Crane, Charles Maclay, and J.W. Oliver for Electors. Broadside, 2.75" x 4.5", paper. Light wear. Mounted at top edge to card stock. Very Good.
5. Mourning ribbon with oval portrait of Lincoln captioned "Abraham Lincoln, born February 12th, 1809, Assassinated April 14th, 1865.| He was a man - take him for all in all,| We ne'er shall look upon his like again." Broadside, 3" x 8", paper. Tanned, light edgewear. Very Good.
6. Mourning ribbon with oval portrait of Lincoln captioned "We Mourn our Nation's Chief! +He fell not in the Battle's strife, He gave not to Disease his breath; 'Twas by the foul Assassin's act Our noble Chief receiv'd his death!" Broadside, 2.25" x 7.5", paper. Paper remnants on blank verso from previous mount. Else Very Good.
7. Mourning ribbon with oval portrait of Lincoln captioned "In Victory| We Mourn a Martyred Patriot." Broadside, 2.5" x 8", paper. Paper remnants on blank verso from previously mount, showing on recto's blank corners and margins. Good+.
8. Mourning ribbon with oval portrait of Lincoln captioned "We Mourn His Loss." Broadside, 3.25" x 8.25", paper. Light edge chips and a short closed tear, else Very Good.
9. Memorial card with oval portrait of Lincoln superimposed on the United States Flag [34 stars]. Broadside, 3.5" x 4.25", paper. Printed in blue and red ink. Small tear at the top right corner and a vertical split [both repaired with archival tape on verso]. Good+.
10. Memorial ribbon with portrait of Lincoln captioned "Polo Historical Society. February 22, 1907." 2.5" x 6", blue on white silk. Very small tear to top blank left corner. Very Good. This commemorative ribbon was prepared for an event in Polo, Illinois, on February 22, 1907. Fifteen men who had seen or talked to Lincoln were the guests of the Polo Historical Society to tell their stories. Item #31750